Making the Building Codes Work for Your Company
presented by the BIA/OC Government Affairs Committee
- Current and Proposed Changes to California Energy Code, California Green Codes, structural and fire codes.
- Most intrusive code changes, their impact on costs of construction in SoCal Climate Zones and their impact on trade contractors as well as local jurisdictions.
- Best Practices for implementation of 7A fire regulations (real world examples and lessons learned for effective design).
- Best Practices for implementation of structural codes (how-to and what to watch for).
- Public Agency implementation for code updates.
- Michael Recupero, Moderator: Recupero and Associates, Inc.
- Mark Kindelberger: ConSol
- Joe Kirkpatrick: City of Irvine
- David Oatis: Firesafe Planning Solutions
- Bob Raymer: CBIA
- Tom VanDorpe: VanDorpe Chou Associates & VCA Code Group